Skip to content

UPDATE! I (translated!) Atmosfear EXPRESS from Spain...

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

Re: UPDATE! I ordered a copy of Atmosfear EXPRESS from Spain

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Been sifting through the clips again more thoroughly and, WOAH. There's this one clip that starts with an explosion in a black void with the gatekeeper (presumably) gloating through voice-over, AND THEN:

The countdown timer fast-forwards from 8:30 to 4:00.

This looks to me like a punishment from one of the bonus random luck mini-games; make the wrong choice and you'll have time taken away from you, giving everyone EVEN LESS of a chance to win! :evil:
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:00 am

That's really a significant jump. How long does he stay onscreen most of the time?
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:58 pm

I’d say about 25-30 interruptions per playthrough for 5 secs to 15 secs max per interruption.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:17 pm

GOOD NEWS:

Going through the clips more in depth now, found a fairly reliable video transcription service called “Sonix” that allowed me to transcribe my first 30 mins for free on a new account. There’s 42 mins total spoken words from the Gatekeeper, but I was able to make some concessions for the clear and obvious “released from black hole“ messages along with the victory and defeat messages at the end.

MILDLY ANNOYING NEWS:

It seems that the sudden countdown decrease is one of the only new parts of the Express DVD. My assumption that the Gatekeeper would shake up the rules with each 15 minute game unfortunately proved to be false (I even tried playing the Express DVD straight from the source just to be sure and found nothing more). Although on the bright side, this does mean that if one were to decide to “dub” over the Spanish footage with English vocals from the regular DVD by lip syncing everything up, there’s theoretically nothing stopping them from doing so, aside from that one sudden countdown fast-forward clip.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:19 am

Any chance you could post what transcripts you have?

It's too bad about the rules shakeup. That could have been pretty interesting.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Sure, I can get on that tomorrow. Translations for certain clips might be a little approximated when they’re not just the DVD script word-for-word. I think I’ll also include a zip for the video files themselves too when I’m done.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: UPDATE! I (translated!) Atmosfear EXPRESS from Spain...

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Check the top comment now for a Google docs link to the full English translation for Atmosfear Express!
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:07 am

This is awesome! I love how you also added which video leads to which others. Now if I can only get a copy myself to hack up the DVD and get it playable in English.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:06 pm

DarkWolff wrote:This is awesome! I love how you also added which video leads to which others. Now if I can only get a copy myself to hack up the DVD and get it playable in English.

You should see a link in the Google Doc to a Drive file containing all the clips from the spanish Express DVD immediately following the translated instruction sheet near the top (all in their default .VOB format).

If possible, you could layer the English audio from the 49 minute DVD over the Spanish Express clips with video editing software, chop the finished scenes up into individual scene-selection arrangements on a DVD-writing program, burn it onto a disc before sharing it with the world, ba-da-bing, ba-da-BOOM.

:)
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby EryNoice » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:05 am

I mean I would love to try and do it possibly using that AI Voice Remove to get clean voice clips. But I wouldn't even know where to start on the randomization of the game. :?
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)