Skip to content

Missing Posts

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Missing Posts

Postby marr0w » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:26 pm

You may have noticed some oddities on the website/forum in the past day or so. The service who hosts the Marr0w_Productions stuff migrated us to a different server but neglected to update the DNS so we where unknowingly running from a cached copy. I've managed to restore the forum posts that went missing between the switch and now, but that also meant overwriting the stuff that was posted today.

Sorry about that.

Everything should be fine going forwards. Let me know if anything seems to be missing or broken and I'll do my best to look into it.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Missing Posts

Postby marr0w » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:02 pm

Okay, there is clearly a glitch going on with the MediaWiki install that wasn't there before. Randomly the main page doesn't load any content until the page is edited or purged (purging involves adding &action=purge to the URL while visiting the page). I don't know what's causing this. I've been investigating it for a couple of days now and I'm not having a lot of luck with it. Does anyone here know enough about MediaWiki to offer a suggestion or two?

The only solution I've come across that might be close would involve updating a lot of systems that could potentially break things like this forum or one of the other wikis my website hosts so I'm actively trying to avoid that for obvious reasons.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Missing Posts

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:19 pm

I don't have any suggestions other than having periodic refreshes as the cache. Is that something that is worth scheduling? I just got hit with the bug but cleared the cache myself to fix the main page.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Return to General Discussion