Skip to content

I'm going to have a hard time opening this one up.

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

I'm going to have a hard time opening this one up.

Postby amars464 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I finally got my hands on a copy of Nightmare IV, which is something I've wanted for a while. The copy I was able to get my hands on though was a still factory sealed copy. Tearing this thing open is going to be pretty rough. Part of me wants to rip it open right now so I can read the rules and check out some cards, the other part of me wants to wait until I get a chance to play it.
Attachments
image.jpg
The factory sealed copy of Nightmare IV in question.
amars464
Young One
Young One

Re: I'm going to have a hard time opening this one up.

Postby DarkWolff » Fri May 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Well, you can read the rules on the wiki here:
http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki/i ... 28Rules%29

Congrats on getting Vampire! IMO it's the hardest game in all the versions and series. The first time I played we all lost in the first 10 minutes. It's also my favorite except for "Turn to Page 8," which was a long time meme/joke in my group.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby amars464 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to finally get to try it. Though I think me and my room mates need to work up to this one. We had a last second loss against the Gatekeeper in our last session.

I was one space away from the Nightmare deck for about five minutes, and then lost the all or nothing bet by drawing my own fear. Then, my room mate ended up drawing his own fear at 59:59... It was heart breaking.
amars464
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Thu May 10, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah, Nightmare IV picked me and my friends off in the first 15 as well...craziness...(Still better than III though) All my friends HATE III, because of the "have all the keys" "Drop all your Keys!" 10 times in the last 15 minutes...I kinda agree. I and II are still my favorites.

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)