Welcome home, Yoiko! A Ranma 1/2 Fan-Fic by Jason Skaggs Chapter 1 As Ryoga stood on his doorstep, a since of dread washed over him. The last time he was here Ranma, disguised as a young girl, pretended to be his lost sister Yoiko. Disspite the fact that it had been nothing more than a trick to catch him off guard, Ryoga couldn't get over how realistic it seemed. Slightly trembling, Ryoga reached for his doorknob. In his mind a billion scenarios played out, all of them revolving around another of Ranma's tricks. Summoning all of his courage he turned the knob... only to discover it was locked. "What? No... NO!!" Ryoga stared at the door dumbfounded. The door being locked was the last thing he expected. "Why is this door locked? It's supposed to be open in case someone came home..." Finally his mind realized that if the door was locked, then someone must be home. He began to pound on the door screaming for someone to let him in. The sound of the door being unlocked silenced him. "It's me! Ryoga! I've come home!" He called. Swinging the door open, a young girl with pig-tails ran towards him, arms outstretched. "Ryoga! Welcome home!" She threw her arms around him and began to cry. "I thought I'd never see you again!" "RANMA! What is the meaning of this?!" "Who?" "Ranma, stop the act. I don't have a sister and you know it!" The young girl stepped back, looking both hurt and ashamed. "How could you have forgotten me again?" "Ranma knock it off!" Ryoga started to charge after her just as she ran inside and slammed the door shut. Ryoga blindly slammed into the door and was stunned long enough to hear the door lock from inside. "RANMA! LET ME IN!!" "STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!" "What do you expect me to call you? Yoiko?! What do you take me for?!" "I'm calling Mom!!" Ryoga began to laugh at the stupidity of the statement. His whole family suffered the same since of direction as he did. Tracking down his mother would be nearly impossible. "So, Yoiko, how are you going to do that?" He said, sarcastically. "I'm going to call her new cell phone!" Panic began to strike him. What if this isn't one of Ranma's tricks? Ranma never did admit to being Yoiko. Could it be possible he did have a sister? "Ok, um... Yoiko, this isn't funny anymore... Let your brother inside now..." "What, so now you believe me? "Of course I don't!!" "I HATE YOU!!!" Ryoga listened to her footsteps as she ran off into the back of the house. Guilt began to wash over him. If only he knew if it was really Ranma or not... At that moment, Checkers the dog, ran around the side of the house and tackled him. "Checkers! Where did you come from girl?" Then, remembering the dog door, Ryoga quickly ran to the backdoor. * * * "Where did I put that phone?" Yoiko searched around her kitchen desperately trying to find the phone. Disspite the fact she almost never left her house, she still had trouble finding things from time to time. Behind her, Checkers came running in from outside. Yoiko spun around to see why she was so excited only to find Ryoga crawling in through the dog door. Without thinking she grabbed the nearest thing to her, the phone, and began to beat Ryoga over the head with it. "YOIKO!" -BONK- "...I'm" -BONK- "...sorry!" -BONK- Angered, Ryoga backed out of the dog door and screamed. Without thinking he grabbed the door and spun it open. Briefly he stopped to wonder why he never tried to open the door to begin with. This gave Yoiko just enough time to turn and run out the front door. "Good! Just stay out!" He yelled after her. Checkers looked from Ryoga to the front door and back. Her mind was trying to determine which was more important. Finally, she ran out the front door after the Hibiki that had fed her the most. Exhausted, Ryoga went upstairs to his room to get a change of clothes for a bath. Picking a room at random, he stepped inside and looked around. Souvenirs decorated the walls. "Hmmm... This must be my room..." he said to himself. Opening the closet and grabbing some clothes at random, Ryoga turned and went off in search of the bathroom. After about an hour he managed to finally find the bathroom at the end of the hall, and went in to take a nice hot bath. Less than 30 minutes later, the house was filled with a blood curdling scream. "My clothes? What happened to my clothes?" Ryoga stared down at the dress he had absently put on in confusion. "What was this doing in my closet?" Slowly his mind began to realize what was going on, "But that means... that means... that means she's going to be lost forever because I threw her out of the house!!" Without pausing to think, Ryoga ran out of the house screaming after his sister. Not long afterwards, faithful Checkers led Yoiko back into the house. She ran upstairs to cry in her room but stopped along the way to investigate the wet foot prints leading down the stairs. She followed them back to the bathroom where she found Ryoga's clothes lying in a heap in the corner. "He's such a pig..."