Skip to content

I've figured out the storyline to the entirety of Atmosfear

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

I've figured out the storyline to the entirety of Atmosfear

Postby Nons » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:26 am

The title explains it all, and soon I'll provide a detailed timeline for every relevant event.
For now though, the chronological order for the franchise goes:
Nightmare IV
Nightmare III
Nightmare II
Nightmare
Atmosfear: The Third Dimension
Atmosfear: The Harbingers
Atmosfear: The Soul Rangers
Atmosfear: The Gatekeeper
Atmosfear: Khufu the Mummy

I figured out the years and motives for each game based on the canon alone, and Dr Mastiff was actually the missing link that pieced it all together. Watch this space!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Re: I've figured out the storyline to the entirety of Atmosf

Postby Nons » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:13 am

Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:58 pm

I can't see the picture.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Reuploaded to fit the forum's upload standards
Attachments
Timeline 1.jpg
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby Nons » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Page 2
Attachments
Page 2.jpg
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:09 am

No problem, thanks for checking it out!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:23 am

That's an interesting take on the timeline. I don't think the Gatekeeper captured anyone though. They all died and went to the Other Side. The game that is being played to escape. I always saw the Harbingers as ruling over their own provinces while the Gatekeeper rules over everything, meaning their games took place either in their area or in a way the Gatekeeper allowed. Maybe that's just me though.

You could also add the Beast of Gévaudan to this, which is what inspired Gevaudan. The Beast was killed sometime in the 18th century. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a game based on him and Hellin soon enough.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:30 pm

DarkWolff wrote:I don't think the Gatekeeper captured anyone though. They all died and went to the Other Side.

I thought so at first as well, but in the DVD extras, it explains that his duty is to keep six cratures of doom imprisoned beneath a crypt, so I figured that it was The Gatekeeper himself that caught them, I like the idea that there was some sort of instant decision that sends them straight to the other side though!
The game that is being played to escape.

They are indeed- you're currently looking at 2 pages, while it's looking to be about 6 pages long (the third is complete and going up soon, which will also show Gevaudan's demise)

I always saw the Harbingers as ruling over their own provinces while the Gatekeeper rules over everything

I see your points! I just followed the line that suggested that he's a prison guard, so I saw the provinces as prison cells, while eg- Khufu's Hollywood on the Nile being built on the Valley of Kings, hinting towards the mortal world

Meaning their games took place either in their area or in a way the Gatekeeper allowed.

While working on the panels today, I realised that I forgot the feature that points out which game is which- as I realised that Nightmare IV,III and II (in that chronological order) take place before the Gatekeeper catches them, and we're playing as Victims of their blood-drinking/village-burning/dance-parties. It's all up for interpretation though! I'm only working with what I've read, mixed with the real life counterparts :D

You could also add the Beast of Gévaudan to this

I'll post the third page now, I should have specified that the two pages are the first of many ^^
I'm heavily hoping for the Gevaudan game too!

I hope this cleared any questions up, and that I didn't seem like a dick, I just wanted to prove that I've heard you out- you have some really good points! I was mostly working from DVD Character Bios, Game Booklets, and the occasional Fate Card. It's nice to finally talk to someone about it in detail! Feel free to point out anything that still doesn't add up ^^
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby Nons » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Page 3!
Attachments
Page 3.jpg
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One