Welcome to TwistedMUCK!
Twisted is a text-based role playing game where anything can happen. Players find themselves in a world where anime, video game, and comic book characters can live and interact. The world of Twisted was created as a safe haven from the chaotic wastelands that surround it and acts as a multiverse hub where people and places have been taken from their original worlds and connected as a large multi-themed location. Ever wanted to escape from reality behind the eyes of your favorite character or live out fantastical adventures with characters you've created yourself? Now's your chance.
Recently a terrible disaster rocked the core of Twisted, destroying it's landscape and scattering pieces of it's world into the darkness of space surrounding it. Gathered together in a new hub area called Mabase players can choose to help rediscover lost pieces of the world, collect bounties hunting monsters, or generally try to live day to day lives in the main city. There are several large worlds that can be accessed from the city, some of them fully fleshed out themselves from other former MU*s which have graciously allowed us to host them on our grid.
For more details about the places and people of Twisted simply visit our website or log on and speak with any of our helpful staff. Remember, there's a million stories to be told. It's up to you to write yours...
News and Updates
There are currently 924 posted logs. TwistedMUCK runs off of ZetaMUCK 2.1-r38
- September 5th, 2019:
- Note: The Theme and Setting page has been updated to better clarify specific points.
- August 26th, 2019:
Yes, we're officially ripping off the bandaid and calling ourselves reopened. There are still some places on the wiki that need attention (mostly location-related stuff) and there are some areas of the grid that aren't 100% yet, but there's nothing preventing people from coming back on and carrying on. Thank you for your patience and hopefully you'll enjoy the new coat of paint. ~NNY
- July 25th, 2019:
- Note: Changes to the rules, setting, and the timeline pages have been mostly finalized. These are required reading for all players. The locations pages, however, are extremely out of date!
- April 7th, 2019:
- Note: The setting and the current timeline pages have been updated with new information.
This information may still be subject to change.
- February 26th, 2019:
- Note: A letter from the Head Wiz has been posted regarding the state of the game. Please take a moment to read it.
- May 17th, 2018:
- Note: Welcome to the new age of Twisted, officially called the Heavenly Shift Arc. Please see the timeline and location pages for more details! Older logs have been renamed and grouped under the Unification Arc heading as a result.
- April 4th, 2018:
- Note: An update looms on the horizon blocked only by time and availability. A resurgence of things past while Twisted moves forwards. A gathering darkness once more united. Please join us on Discord to more information and stay tuned to this space for updates.
- August 17, 2017:
- March 22nd, 2017:
- Note: After a very long maintenance period, things are back to working order again!
- March 18th, 2017:
- Warning: TwistedMUCK is currently down due to incremental weather and server issues!
- June 1st, 2016:
- Note: A Work-in-progress Plot Generator has been added to the right-hand menu to assist in the creation of storylines. Please test it out and provide feedback.
- May 8th, 2016:
- Note: Our sister multiverse MU* NeoTokyo MUCK now has a new wiki!
For the moment many sections are using text and features from TwistedMUCK. Help us out by clicking around and seeing what breaks. Find something out of place or spy a feature you'd like to see on Twisted's wiki? Let us know!
- April 2nd, 2016:
- Note: Animated gifs are now an available option for icons. All existing .png icons have been converted and reuploaded. Please remember that file sizes need to be kept at 100x100 for icons.
- January 4th, 2016:
- Note: Specifics regarding non-humanoid characters have been added to our rules.
- December 20th, 2015:
- Note: Twisted's new city Neo Edo is now open. It can be accessed via Plowse Bridge from Twisted Street - One Way. More information will be made available soon.
- December 7th, 2015:
- Note: The Statistics section of our application has been replaced with a Threat Assessment system. All existing character profiles will need to be updated. Please visit Character Threat Level for more information.
- November 9th, 2015:
- Note: Our rules have been updated regarding factions.
- October 24th, 2015:
- Note: The wiki and many systems have been updated.
- Note: A new profile system has been added for posters. Visit your user pages for more information.
- Note: Comments can now be posted on logs.
- October 11th, 2015:
- Note: A new section has been added to the rules covering the character acclimation period for new players.
- October 8th, 2015:
- Note: We've added a Theme Music tab to profiles to allow people to list theme songs or playlists for their characters. For instructions on how to do this, please visit: Theme Music.
- August 9th, 2015:
- Note: Our Noteworthy NPCs page has been updated to include a new way of categorizing NPC listings and additional information.
- July 4th, 2015:
- Note: Because of current events, random monsters have been unleashed ICly on Twisted. An ongoing list of common NPC monsters has been added to the IC menu. Participation is optional.
- June 14th, 2015:
- Note: To clarify recent questions a section elaborating on banned characters/concepts has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
- Note: Our Character Statistics chart has been slightly reworded to help avoid confusion among new players.
- May 11th, 2015:
- Note: Help files added for In-game Commands.
- Note: Economy and Entertainment sections added to Theme and Setting.
- May 8th, 2015:
- Note: To clarify recent questions a section specifically detailing our policy for multiple characters has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
- October 12th, 2014:
- Note: Some minor changes have been made to our rules. It is recommended all players read over it to refresh themselves on the current rules and policies.
- July 26th, 2014:
- Warning: Our chat system been upgraded. All players will need to rejoin channels. Please see
@chan for help.
- July 19th, 2014:
- Note: Pueblo port has been fixed!
- Note: Database upgraded from ProtoMUCK 2.0b9.12.3 to ZetaMUCK 2.1-r38.
- Note: Theme and Setting and Reference Guide Added.
- April 16th, 2014:
- Note: The application requirement for making new characters has been suspended until January 1st, 2015! Create a new character by logging on and using the
@pmake command. Be sure to fill out the requested info or you may be mistaken for a bot and removed.
- October 11th, 2013:
- Note: Our new affiliate program has gone live! Read more about it in our side menu.
- July 17th, 2013:
- Note: Apartment code has now been implemented in-world. Visit the Integra's Arms to see it in action and claim a new home.
- Warning: Our rules page has been updated reguarding logging. Please be sure you read over it.
- July 7th, 2012:
- Warning: An issue with the special Pueblo Port has been discovered where room descriptions don't display properly. While this is being investigated Pueblo users please use the standard port 4242 while connecting.
- February 20th, 2012:
- Warning: Our rules page has been updated. Please be sure you read over it.
- February 17th, 2012:
- Note: All 2010 logs have been added from the LiveJournal Community!
- February 15th, 2012:
- Note: Who's Online, the Userlist, and the public +bboards are now accessible from the wiki.
- February 14th, 2012:
- Note: All 2011 logs have been added from the LiveJournal Community!
Random Featured Article
The Usual Restaurant
It is well established that on nearly every world the Usual Restaurant was owned and operated by a version of Dragonmaster Cale Charis. However, the version on Twisted is not. It was constructed as the first building on Twisted along with The Twisted Street and as such the two are nearly inseparable. Across all worlds the Usual generally has an identical layout caused by an overlap between dimensions. As Twisted's version differs in several ways from the standard Restaurant it has become a bit of an anomaly and will attempt to pull random patrons into it's branch even if they entered a totally different version of it. This has led to situations where a group of people enter the UR only to have one of it's group dropped unexpectedly on Twisted as they attempt to leave the establishment. Luckily this only seems to affect people who have personally visited Twisted meaning at worst they just need to find a way back home. It also means it's highly possible to randomly see people from other worlds come into the Twisted branch unexpectedly and only for the duration of that single visit.
A listing of characters who have appeared in logs recently and are considered active. For a complete list of characters who have appeared on Twisted, please visit Category:Characters.