Welcome to TwistedMUCK!
Twisted is a text-based role playing game where anything can happen. Players find themselves in a world where anime, video game, and comic book characters can live and interact. The world of Twisted was created as a safe haven from the chaotic wastelands that surround it and acts as a multiverse hub where people and places have been taken from their original worlds and connected as a large multi-themed location. Ever wanted to escape from reality behind the eyes of your favorite character or live out fantastical adventures with characters you've created yourself? Now's your chance.
Recently a terrible disaster rocked the core of Twisted, destroying it's landscape and scattering pieces of it's world into the darkness of space surrounding it. Gathered together in a new hub area called Mabase players can choose to help rediscover lost pieces of the world, collect bounties hunting monsters, or generally try to live day to day lives in the main city. There are several large worlds that can be accessed from the city, some of them fully fleshed out themselves from other former MU*s which have graciously allowed us to host them on our grid.
For more details about the places and people of Twisted simply visit our website or log on and speak with any of our helpful staff. Remember, there's a million stories to be told. It's up to you to write yours...
Most Recent Logs
There are currently 1,117 posted logs.
News and Updates
TwistedMUCK runs off of ZetaMUCK 2.1-r38
January 9th, 2022
- Our staff page has been refreshed. Please reach out to us for any questions or issues.
November 8th, 2021
- The Simplified Map of Mabase has been updated with a better version of the map tiles.
- All Location pages have been gone through with better formatting and many with additional information.
October 29th, 2021
- The Bounty Board has been updated to include more names and better streamlined features.
September 12th, 2020
- A post has been made by the Headwiz to clear the air about banning and character frobs.
February 15th, 2020
- The time limit before a character is considered idle is now 90 days. See our rules page for more details.
February 5th, 2020
- An amendment has been made to our rules page concerning the minimum requirements
for applying for new characters.
January 15th, 2020
| Warning: |TwistedMUCK is temporarily down due to incremental weather and server issues! Regular operations have resumed.
Please visit our Discord Server for more details and updates.
January 7th, 2020
- To enhance role play a new optional feature called Warker has been created for players, read more about it at Category:Warker_Service.
January 2nd, 2020 - Happy New Year!
- News and Updates have been slightly adjusted to make updates easier to read.
- The Top 10 newest logs are now displayed above News and Updates.
November 19th, 2019
- We've updated the How To Post Logs page to make it less confusing to new players.
October 14th, 2019
- The Application Information page has been rewritten to attempt to simplify things more for affiliate characters or returning players. Please be sure you read over the information available before submitting an application.
September 5th, 2019
August 26th, 2019
- Yes, we're officially ripping off the bandaid and calling ourselves reopened. There are still some places on the wiki that need attention (mostly location-related stuff) and there are some areas of the grid that aren't 100% yet, but there's nothing preventing people from coming back on and carrying on. Thank you for your patience and hopefully you'll enjoy the new coat of paint. ~NNY
July 25th, 2019
- Changes to the rules, setting, and the timeline pages have been mostly finalized. These are required reading for all players. The locations pages, however, are extremely out of date!
April 7th, 2019
- The setting and the current timeline pages have been updated with new information.
This information may still be subject to change.
February 26th, 2019
May 17th, 2018
- Welcome to the new age of Twisted, officially called the Heavenly Shift Arc. Please see the timeline and location pages for more details! Older logs have been renamed and grouped under the Unification Arc heading as a result.
April 4th, 2018
- An update looms on the horizon blocked only by time and availability. A resurgence of things past while Twisted moves forwards. A gathering darkness once more united. Please join us on Discord to more information and stay tuned to this space for updates.
August 17, 2017
March 22nd, 2017
- After a very long maintenance period, things are back to working order again!
March 18th, 2017
TwistedMUCK is currently down due to incremental weather and server issues!
June 1st, 2016
- A Work-in-progress Plot Generator has been added to the right-hand menu to assist in the creation of storylines. Please test it out and provide feedback.
May 8th, 2016
- Our sister multiverse MU* NeoTokyo MUCK now has a new wiki!
For the moment many sections are using text and features from TwistedMUCK. Help us out by clicking around and seeing what breaks. Find something out of place or spy a feature you'd like to see on Twisted's wiki? Let us know!
April 2nd, 2016
- Animated gifs are now an available option for icons. All existing .png icons have been converted and reuploaded. Please remember that file sizes need to be kept at 100x100 for icons.
January 4th, 2016
December 20th, 2015
- Twisted's new city Neo Edo is now open. It can be accessed via Plowse Bridge from Twisted Street - One Way. More information will be made available soon.
December 7th, 2015
- The Statistics section of our application has been replaced with a Threat Assessment system. All existing character profiles will need to be updated. Please visit Character Threat Level for more information.
November 9th, 2015
October 24th, 2015
- The wiki and many systems have been updated.
- A new profile system has been added for posters. Visit your user pages for more information.
- Comments can now be posted on logs.
October 11th, 2015
October 8th, 2015
- We've added a Theme Music tab to profiles to allow people to list theme songs or playlists for their characters. For instructions on how to do this, please visit: Theme Music.
August 9th, 2015
- Our Noteworthy NPCs page has been updated to include a new way of categorizing NPC listings and additional information.
July 4th, 2015
- Because of current events, random monsters have been unleashed ICly on Twisted. An ongoing list of common NPC monsters has been added to the IC menu. Participation is optional.
June 14th, 2015
- To clarify recent questions a section elaborating on banned characters/concepts has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
- Our Character Statistics chart has been slightly reworded to help avoid confusion among new players.
May 11th, 2015
May 8th, 2015
- To clarify recent questions a section specifically detailing our policy for multiple characters has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
October 12th, 2014
- Some minor changes have been made to our rules. It is recommended all players read over it to refresh themselves on the current rules and policies.
July 26th, 2014
Warning: Our chat system been upgraded. All players will need to rejoin channels. Please see
@chan for help.
July 19th, 2014
April 16th, 2014
- The application requirement for making new characters has been suspended until January 1st, 2015! Create a new character by logging on and using the
@pmake command. Be sure to fill out the requested info or you may be mistaken for a bot and removed.
October 11th, 2013
July 17th, 2013
- Apartment code has now been implemented in-world. Visit the Integra's Arms to see it in action and claim a new home.
Warning: Our rules page has been updated reguarding logging. Please be sure you read over it.
July 7th, 2012
Warning: An issue with the special Pueblo Port has been discovered where room descriptions don't display properly. While this is being investigated Pueblo users please use the standard port 4242 while connecting.
February 20th, 2012
Warning: Our rules page has been updated. Please be sure you read over it.
February 17th, 2012
February 15th, 2012
February 14th, 2012
Random Featured Article
The Twisted Street
In the past the Twisted Street was described as a long black stone of unknown origin and that walking along it would take the traveler in and out of random worlds as the Street existed on all worlds at the same time. It was totally indestructible and went on infinitely with some carefully orchestrated magic in place to generally keep people on the world of Twisted. Since current events have "shattered" the street, this description has been revised. It is now considered common knowledge that each piece of the Twisted Street does indeed exist on a random world in the multiverse, but not necessarily as a solid road. The pieces may be on any number of roads and are always connected to their point of origin. Because of this each "pebble" of the street could potentially send a traveler to it's world of origin at random - something that is particularly more common the further one gets from the center of the Twisted Street. As the road has been shattered those pieces (which cannot be destroyed by any means) are slowly pulling themselves together and the final configuration is entirely based upon which pieces pull themselves together first.
A listing of characters who have appeared in logs recently and are considered active. For a complete list of characters who have appeared on Twisted, please visit Category:Characters.